Would you like help to find work or study or would you like support for any challenges you are facing, so you can become the best version of yourself and get back in the game of life?
How can we help?
Through the Get Back In The Game program:
- We mentor and support young people to re-engage in education or training or to move into employment using individually tailored transition plans.
- We work alongside young people to identify existing skills and career interests, as well as any barriers to engaging in education, training, or employment.
- We focus on building confidence and boosting aspirations and work in partnership with other services to support and provide the highest possible chance of success.
How can I join Get Back In The Game?
We accept self-referrals, as well as referrals from anyone including schools, agencies, health, DCJ, community services and groups, friends, families and other individuals.
Some of what we do
- Plan and set goals for transitioning into work or study
- One to One Mentoring
- Obtain identification documents, tax file number, bank account, Medicare card, USI, mygov account, licences
- Enrol in study – including Year 10, HSC or equivalent courses, industry qualifications and other training courses
- Work Experience
- Learn job searching skills, create a resume and cover letters, prepare for interviews and apply for jobs
- Gain sustainable employment, an apprenticeship or traineeship
- Connect with other support services
- Ongoing support for at least 6 months after engagement into employment or education
Who is Get Back In The Game for?
Get Back in the Game is available to any young person who is:
- 15 to 19 years of age
- A resident within our service area (see map over page)
- Seeking employment or further study
- Not enrolled in study/training
- Disengaged from school (OR enrolled in a BIG participating school)
- Not currently working
- Not participating in any other Commonwealth or NSW program which supports youth transition to work or study.