- This event has passed.
How to interview for success
March 15 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
One of the most important decisions a business owner can make is to hire the right people. Interviewing candidates is a critical step in the process and it must be done effectively.
Best practice interviewing begins with detailed preparation. Good interviewers make an interview feel more like a conversation and less like an interrogation.
When you make candidates feel comfortable they will be more open and likely to share helpful information that enables you to make the most informed decision around selecting the best candidate and making a job offer.
1. Understand the importance of verifying facts provided by candidates in their resume, cover letter, and application
2. Understand the motivation of candidates applying for a position, and their suitability in terms of skills, experience, and knowledge
3. Learn about the value of maintaining a candidate database.
1. Maximise attracting the right candidate by providing information about the company’s expectations and possible career pathway opportunities
2. Increase interview effectiveness by developing a checklist for interview preparation
3. Improve job offer decisions by developing a candidate evaluation form.
About your presenter: Narelle Blackadder
If you’ve worked in the Recruitment Industry, then you’ve likely heard of Narelle Blackadder. Her list of credentials is extensive in recruitment, generalist human resources and mentoring.
From Blue Collar to the Boardroom, Narelle is well respected in all areas. Starting the Blackadder Recruitment Company Pty Ltd in 1999, she developed a blue-chip client list in a short period, her reputation was second to none. “Look after your existing clients, they will advocate for you” was the foundation that grew a business to a $10m turnover in 7 years.
Her vast experience in ‘change management’ has earnt her the reputation of ‘turning the tide’ in a rapid time frame, far exceeding management projections and expectations. Her mantra is ‘work hard, lead by example and never expect staff to undertake a task you wouldn’t.
Most recently, Narelle has been appointed Program Manager for the Business Connect Program, an NSW fully funded program to support small businesses in NSW.
Still the Managing partner of Blackadder Partners, which includes mentoring individuals and businesses, and private recruitment services. Throughout her career, Narelle has demonstrated a passion for excellence and supporting people to achieve their goals.
This Business Connect event is funded by the NSW Government.